Sustainable energy for 400,000 homes
The Sandbank offshore wind farm counts 72 wind turbines and has a capacity of 288 MW. It translates to approximately 400,000 households’ sustainable energy consumption. The wind farm is located in The German Bight, 90km west of the island of Sylt.
Detailed design of topside and jacket
We have done full detailed design of the Sandbank substation. The Sandbank topside is designed as a multi-story steel structure with five decks, including a cellar deck positioned on the top of the jacket structure for cable pulling and cable hang-off. A helicopter deck is placed on the west side of the substation allowing for access by helicopter.
- Concept FEED, layout arrangement followed by detail design of complete transformer substation including auxiliary systems, structures, foundation.
- Complete detailed structural engineering design in place, sea transport, installation and lift for both Topside and four-legged jacket.
- Fire Safety
- Process, Piping & Mechanical
- Project follow-up fabrication and installation.
- Certification Packages for Topside and Substructure for DNV-GL verification.
- ZIE approval for the grouted connection
- German Standards and approval by BSH
Read more about Sandbank here: vattenfall.com/sandbank/